1. Clean! Consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
2. Declutter! Make it look organized, even if it really isn’t.
3. Remove personal photographs from walls and tabletops.
4. Remove oversized and excess furniture and area rugs.
5. Keep closets tidy! Prospective buyers will want to evaluate the home’s storage capacity, and clutter creates the illusion of less space.
6. Let the sunlight in by opening blinds and curtains.
7. Replace burned-out, dim or flickering light bulbs.
8. Consider replacing dated light fixtures.
9. A fresh coat of paint will help renew the look and feel of any room. Choose 2 to 3 different neutrals to use throughout the whole house.
10. Don’t forget the exterior!